Thursday, February 26, 2009

Welcome Omnibus 101

I can't calm down, I can't stop smiling.... after 6 weeks of office work, 6 weeks of the big city life the group has arrived. The moment I saw their smiling, scared, excited, anxious, exhausted faces.... I knew that this was where I want to be. I am so happy about the decision I made to leave my beloved site, Tabuga, and head off into the unknown. From a machete and monkeys to a computer and city buses. Already, I feel the rewards. Now, I am in the office, waiting for them to get here for our first meeting. I am so excited to be a part of the Peace Corps experience for these 24 natural resource trainees. Ecuador has won me over, my experience doesn't cease to be incredible and I really really hope that these newbies get to feel the same way. So... this is a shout out to Omnibus 101 and anyone who knows them or is thinking about the Peace Corps... get ready to jump in and start the toughest job you'll ever love, I'll do my best to make it a smooth ride.
The Eager Co-Trainers waiting for our kiddies!
Look, Look, the first one up there, they made it!

You can see them and there is our Country Director waiting for them too!Last but not least!


Excited boys with lots of baggage!

The meet and greet team - smiling faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment