Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Picture Update

I haven't been very good at keeping my blog updated the last few months. I guess life has just been to busy and fun and a lot has happened. Here are some pictures to show some of the highlights!

Enjoy!

Fresh veggies from our garden... it is so nice cooking with fresh organic veggies that our own hands and sweat and smarts have brought to life... delicious!

Here I am about to boil a bunch of fresh crabs, just caught the day before by a neighbor and kept alive in a bamboo cage. I made a mean crab deep.. it really only missed Old Bay but it was delicous. The crabs totally have a Dr. Seus coloringto them.

Here is my Tabuga family napping during a hot day!!! Hammocks are a life safer here when the heat gets steamy and the sun to strong.

Here Elle and I are looking out in the ocean from Isla de la Plata... or, the poor man's Galapagos. It was incredible!

Elle, Jason, Me and Santiago hoovering over some Blue Footed Boobies. We had the pleasure of being there during the mating season and it was awesome to the see the smaller male birds dance to show off to the females.

Elle and I demonstrating how the Blue Footed Boobies care for their eggs until they are hatched. Aren't we clever... because I am wearing blue shoes and the boobies don't sit on their eggs but rather tuck them under their webbed feet.
We interupted this guy during his mating dance.










No comments:

Post a Comment