Monday, August 25, 2008

Sick and still smiling

Wow!

Thank goodness for my male nurse. AJ saved me on our long journey leaving the Galapagos. Our last night after a day of seeing sharks, snorkeling with sea turtles, walking in a lava tunnel and much, much more I got really really sick. My fever passed a hundred as did the number of trips I took to the bathroom.

But! I smiled the whole time. After seeing everything I had seen and traveling around with a good friend life was just too good.... even with a bacterial food infection and amoebas. So as we went from boat to taxi to bus to ferry to plan to taxi to Quito to bus overnight to Tabuga. As we went I slept on benches, floors, AJ and any other surface available. I was so weak, I was the weak duck. The smiling weak Duck.

Luckily, I can be a tough cookie and took Tae Kwon Do when I was little so I used my mind over body skills and quickly was back to my spunky self.

AJ and I went to my reserve, attempted at teaching English in the highschool but the doors were locked and no one had a key. We hung out with my counterpart, Joe from the Ceiba Foundation and hung out with my Peace Corps friends in Canoa. Canoa is the surf town Alex (my brother) used to live in. Actually, Alex´s old apartment is now a sick bar and his old room a storage room and bathroom to the bar. It was crazy and Elliot, Trinity, Fitzy, AJ and I drank beers at Alex´s old room now bar in honor of my little brother.

From Canoa I had to send poor AJ with his loneself back to Quito because I had a big meeting. So with a single tear in my eye I waved goodbye to Primo AJ and there closed the adventures of A - squared. It was an incredible trip and words can´t express how beautiful it was. Pictures will help. AJ... get on that already... we want the pictures! I will post the link ASAP.

After my meetings I returned to Canoa where I dominated happy hour and beach life with my PC friends. Now I am working on an environmental education manual in Bahia. Bahia means bay and we happen to be staying at the Pent House apartment of this incredible apartment building in Bahia, overlooking the bay. And environmental education manual seems to mean rum and cokes and carrot cake.

Happy Birthday AKUL!

And so I leave you to go drink a cocktail on one of the four balconies of the Pent House time share apartment. And I leave you with these words:

Be good people, love good people and good will be.

Life is rough ey?
Peace, Love and Friends,

Andreita... (wants a margarita!)

No comments:

Post a Comment